When you think of summer in California, so many great vacation picks come to mind. Time for a family trip to the magnificent state and national parks. Body surfing at one of our gorgeous beaches, lounging in the sand, and watching the sunset. Enjoying an endless selection of farm to table gourmet meals. A trip through wine country.
At Yolo Farmstand, we are food obsessed. We dream about summertime, growing and harvesting our amazing sun-dried organic peaches, California raisins, and fresh organic raw almonds. Did you know that 80% of the world’s almonds are grown right here in California?
If you want to compete with the best, here are three Five Star Recipes for Peach flavored BBQ Sauces
You can use these recipes as a starting point for your imaginative creations. Who knows, maybe you will be competing in a BBQ contest soon with your secret recipe for BBQ nirvana. Remember, you can substitute our Yolo Farmstand organic dried peaches in any of these recipes to enhance the flavor and nutrition.
Now everything at the BBQ can’t be about the ribs!!! Think about some healthful side dishes that you can bring to the picnic. Both children and adults love snacking on our delicious Trail Mix made from natural organic California dried fruit, nuts, and raisins.
Here is our favorite Yolo Farmstand Family recipe for any occasion!!!
- Nuts– Usually, I try to include two kinds of nuts in my mix. Start with almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, and pistachios, and don't forget the peanuts!
- Dried fruit– this is where you can give the trail mix some healthy natural sweetness. Peaches, cranberries, and raisins. Try dried cherries, apricots, blueberries, and mango. Get creative!
- Seeds– I love the added crunch and flavor that comes from adding seeds to trail mix. Try pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds), sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, or flax. There are many options out there.
- Other stuff – These extras are a great way to give some uniqueness to the trail mix you are making! Here are a few ideas: pretzels, shredded coconut, popcorn, chocolate chips, granola, cacao nibs.
Simple Potluck Ideas
Do you need some easy and quick ideas for your next potluck BBQ? If you want to be remembered as a favorite guest and invited back over and over, here are three simple suggestions that will be crowd-pleasers.
1. Take your favorite seasonal greens and add some rainbow and red beets. Sprinkle with some of our Yolo Farmstand Organic dried peaches. Then crumble a generous portion of fresh goat cheese and top with our organic raw walnuts. Experiment with a peach or pear vinaigrette dressing. Stand back and wait for the rave review to start rolling in.
2. Here is a link to my favorite Quinoa Black bean Avocado Salad. This dish is a vegetable garden in a bowl. If you are trying to get more vegetables into your life with lots of flavors, try this recipe from Cooking Classy. Oh, the only thing they left out is the organic raw almond slices.
3. Dessert is always welcome at any potluck BBQ. If you want a healthy option, try these healthy sugar-free cinnamon almonds sweetened with monk fruit. The trick is to always have a stock of Yolo Farmstand raw organic almonds on hand. It’s so easy to shop online for our natural roasted or raw almonds and walnuts. Be prepared for any of your snacking or baking needs.
Enjoy your summer BBQs and potluck picnics. We look forward to hearing from you this summer and serving you with our fresh farm products!
Wherever you live, you can experience our California organic nuts and dried fruits delivered fresh to you.
- Buy our organic raw and walnuts online.
- Try our organic dried fruit sun-dried fruit without preservatives.
- Treat yourself to the taste of organic dried peaches. Shop online and have them delivered fresh right to your door.
All our products are organically grown and come to you with minimal handling, and nothing added: no salt, sugar, or oil. We ship the most efficient way possible for fast delivery right to your door. Our beautiful packaging makes the perfect gift for any occasion.
Buy online today at https://www.yolofarmstand.com/.